Hello, Summer! Yikes! We’ve been hitting the triple-digits here in the Pacific Northwest and I could not be more thankful for air-conditioners 🙂 Hope you’ve been keeping cool as well!
My mother-in-law found some mangoes while she was out shopping recently and brought a couple over for me. She knows they are my favorite fruit 🙂 They were perfectly ripe. I could smell them from several feet away. Oh man, they tasted so good as well. Look at the size of that mango!! I needed just one mango to make this batch of ice cream!
I wanted something cold so I decided to make Mango Peach Ice Cream. Both are in season right now, and I think that the flavors of mango and peach complement each other so well.
Remove the skin from the mango and the peaches, then cut them into big chunks (discard the seeds). You’re going to need enough fruit to make 2 cups.
I used a Magic Bullet NutriBullet to make a puree out of the fruit. You can use a regular blender or a food processor as well. Just make sure to blend it really well so that the puree is super smooth.
Mix the puree, heavy cream and sugar in a large bowl, put the mixture in an ice-cream maker, then let it sit in the freezer for a couple of hours.
It is really that simple!
When serving, garnish with some fresh mint. Not only does it look pretty, it’s also delicious with the mango and peach 🙂
Mango Peach Ice Cream
- 1 large mango or 2 small mangoes
- 2 peaches
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Cut the mangoes and the peaches into large chunks; put in blender or food processor to puree. This should yield you approximately 2 cups of puree total.
- Mix the puree, heavy cream and sugar in a large bowl.
- Put the mixture in an ice cream maker.
- After removing from ice cream maker, let it sit in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with fresh mint when serving.