A few years ago, a friend and former colleague of mine introduce me to this amazing dish at a local restaurant. The Lemongrass Chicken is typically served with rice but she recommended substituting it for Yakisoba Noodles – genius!! It comes with a tangy, unique fish sauce that goes so well with the chicken AND the noodles.
Lemongrass Chicken with Yakisoba Noodles
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced jalapeno
- Marinade the chicken in minced lemongrass, soy sauce and brown sugar for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Heat up canola oil in a wok. Stir fry yakisoba noodles. Add soy sauce and fish sauce. Stir well but be careful not to break up the noodles. Add shredded carrots.
- Set aside.
- Stir fry the chicken until fully cooked.
- You can add the noodles back into the wok or serve the chicken and the noodles separately.
- Mix all ingredients for the dipping sauce. Serve the sauce on the side.
- Garnish with sliced cucumber, scallions, jalapeno and cilantro