Ahhh….creamy garlicky Fettuccine Alfredo. This was one of the first “real” dishes I learned how to make when I was in college. I didn’t have any experience in the kitchen at that time so I used to get the Alfredo sauce in a jar. Yuck! It didn’t taste like Alfredo sauce AT ALL, so I decided to learn how to make it on my own. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to make, and how good it tasted!
Added some grilled chicken here for some protein so it’s not ALL carbs 😛
Fettuccine Alfredo with Grilled Chicken
- 1 box fettuccine noodles
- 1/2 stick butter
- 5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Finely chopped parsley for garnish optional
- Marinade chicken breast in lemon juice and olive oil for 3 hours.
- When ready to grill, sprinkle seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill for 2 – 3 minutes each side. Let cool.
- Bring water to a boil in a large stockpot. Add salt to water to season the pasta.
- Cook the pasta according to directions on the box.
Now for the yummy part…the SAUCE:
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. While the butter is still melting, add the garlic and saute for about a minute. Don’t let the garlic turn brown!
- Add the heavy cream and stir.
- Add the parmesan cheese and reduce heat to medium low. Keep stirring!
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add mozzarella cheese, then turn off the heat. Keep stirring to melt the mozzarella cheese.
- Finally, add the sauce to the drained noodles. Toss well.
- Cut the chicken and serve with the pasta. Add chopped parsley as a garnish if you wish.